Our Medical Care and Diagnostics
At South Park Animal Hospital we have an in-house digital radiography system which provide clear, detailed radiographs for diagnostic purposes. We can easily e-mail these images to a veterinary radiologist for consultation(s) as needed in order to provide the best possible care for your pet.
With our hematology unit we can use a smaller volume of blood from your pet to run an accurate Complete Blood Count (CBC) in less than two minutes!
With our serum chemistry units we can perform quick and versatile tests to monitor and assess organ function, electrolytes status, diabetic monitoring, thyroid monitoring, and more. Results can be received in as little as seven minutes.
- In-house cytology
- Fine needle aspiration and microscopic evaluation is a minimally invasive technique we provide to assess lesions or masses that your pet may develop. The samples can also be sent to our reference diagnostic laboratory for further analysis by board certified veterinary cytologists.
- Otic and dermal cytology is used to aid in diagnosis of dermatologic and aural disease processes.
- Parasite Testing
- Heartworm antigen testing.
- Tick borne disease (E. canis, E. chaffeensis, E. ewingii, B. burgdorferi, A. phagocytophilum, A. platys) antigen and/or antibody testing.
- Parvovirus antigen testing.
- Giardia antigen testing.
- Intestinal fecal flotation testing.
- Identification of common intestinal parasites such as hookworms, roundworms, whipworms, coccidia, and more.
- Reference Laboratory
- Additional in depth and specific testing can be sent daily to our reference diagnostic laboratory for testing. This includes biopsy samples, specific blood tests, and others.